Supporters 2013. LessBounce.
and so to the importance of wearing a sports bra!
Research has shown up to 56% of women experience breast pain when exercising. This is due to the large displacement of the breasts, which in addition to the discomfort can cause embarrassment. Breast motion is hard to reduce, as the breast does not contain strong intrinsic structural support. The primary supporting structures in the breasts are the Cooper’s ligaments. With secondary support only from the skin, these can easily be stretched if repeatedly loaded, as occurs during physical exercise. This can cause the breast to sag. It is therefore important to reduce breast movement to limit breast pain and irreversible stretch of the Cooper’s Ligaments.
An Australian study tested a sport bra against a fashion bra, a crop top and bare breasted and found that the sports bra reduced pain and vertical movement by 50% compared to bare breasted exercise. The crop top and fashion bra reduced vertical movement and perceived pain but only by the half the amount of the sports bra.
LessBounce – the company behind the hugely popular and successful annual ‘Pink Aerobics’ in aid of the Pink Ribbon Foundation – have teamed up with world renowned lingerie brand Berlei.
The exclusive candy pink Berlei sports bra has a neon pink ribbon feature and is exclusive to LessBounce. £2.50 from the sale of each candy pink sports bra sold will be donated to the Pink Ribbon Foundation!
Here’s some facts:
- Top scoring running bra in May 2012 edition of Women’s Running Magazine!
- Underwired running bra, based on the best selling sports bra in Australia
- Multiway, rear fastening with adjustable shoulder straps and ultra sonic welding in the cups
- Can be worn as scoop back or as a cross over back
- Suitable for high impact in all sizes
- Available in exclusive candy pink colour to raise awareness and money for the Pink Ribbon Foundation
- Available in cup sizes 32 – 38 B – FF
- Matching briefs now available too!
Purchase your sports bra now at LessBounce