Grants. Selection Process.
The Foundation evaluates each application against a set of criteria. These criteria are weighted dependant upon agreed giving principles determined for each year. For example we may prefer in one year to weigh grants towards smaller or new organisations, another year we may prefer to give to new applicants or special projects. For the 2013 grant period and with finances getting tighter and requests for assistance growing we will be focusing on organisations with limited financial resources to deliver their services. Organisations applying for grants should function within the United Kingdom.
The criteria looked at are as follows:
- What the grant will be spent on.
- The number of people who will benefit.
- The relative size of the organisation.
- Support/encouragement given to volunteers.
- Unique or special situations.
- Financial stability and reserves.
All applicants for the needs of patients of breast cancer are welcome. Refusal for a grant in one year does not preclude a successful application in the following year. All applicants may re-apply the following year(s).